Liverpool Rummy Instructions
Player Count: 3-8 players
Age Range: 12+
- Have the lowest total score at the end of the game.!
- 2 decks for 4 players, 3 decks for 5+ players.
- Aces are high or low based on player’s wants.
- Jokers are always wild.
- The dealer deals 10 cards for the first 4 rounds, and 12 cards for the last 3 rounds.
- The player right of the dealer cuts the deck.
- Once dealing is complete, the rest of the cards form a draw pile. Flip the top card of the draw pile over and set it next to the stack to form a discard pile.
How to Play:
- The player to the left of the dealer plays first.
- The goal is to complete certain goals each round. This is the order:
- Two sets
- One set and one sequence
- Two sequences
- Three sets
- Two sets and one sequence
- One set and two sequences
- Three sequences
- Note: For multiple sequence goals, the sequences must be of different suits or separated by at least one card in the suit. For example, one sequence of hearts and one of spades. Or, 7,8,9,10 and 2,3,4,5.
- Players must have laid their goal cards on the table prior to playing cards on other players goals to go out.
- Any player may buy the discarded card out of turn, by taking a draw pile card as a penalty. If two or more players want to buy the card, the player whose turn is soonest gets the card.
- Joker Note: If a player has a card that may replace the joker in a sequence, they may take the joker, replace it with their card, then use the Joker to their advantage. This must be done in the SAME turn.
- If a player lays down a 2 card set, 3 card sequence, a sequence turning the corner (Q,K,A,2), or sequences involving more than one suit they get a 50 point penalty.
- If the player cutting the deck picks the exact number of cards needed to deal the hand, they get 50 points deducted from their score immediately.
- Once a player has discarded all cards from their hand, the current round ends.
- All other players tally the points they have in their remaining cards.
- Point Values:
- 2-9 = 5 points
- 10, J, K, Q = 10 points
- Joker and Ace = 15 points
- Players who completed the goal, even if they did not go out, move to the next goal. Players who did not continue to try and complete the same goal in the new round.
How to Win:
- After the final round, tally all rounds points per person. The player with the lowest total points wins!